The Practice operates a number of clinics/appointments offering a wide variety of specialist services staffed by a skill mix of various professionals to address your particular needs.
The particular Clinics/appointments available are listed below:-
- Childhood Vaccinations
- Travel Vaccinations ? (some vaccinations are chargeable to patients)
- Senior Citizens vaccinations, e.g. Influenza, Pneumonia
- New Patient Health Assessment
- Heart Disease
- Joint Injections
- NHS Health Checks - 40yrs-74 (no existing health conditions eg diabetes, heart disease, or stroke
- Brief Alcohol Harm Risk Reduction Service Family Planning
- Smoking Cessation
- Hypertension Management
- Cancer Prevention
- Removal of sutures / Contraceptive coil
- Ante-natal/Maternity clinics
- Cervical Smears
- Life style advice
- HGV/PSV/Taxi Driver Medical (Patient Fee applicable)
Ask at reception for details.
Referral to Hospital - Hospital Choice
The Practice operates Choose and Book which is a national electronic referral service giving patients a choice of place, date and time for their first outpatient appointment in a hospital or clinic providing they have appointments available.
The hospital you choose may be anywhere in England or you may decide to choose a local or some private hospitals.
Reports and Forms
It is important to understand that the completion of forms/reports by doctors is NOT NHS work i.e. it is private work undertaken by your GP in their own time and not their usual surgery NHS time. Please try to be patient.
NHS work does and must always take priority over private work. Forms or reports such as private medical insurance claims, holiday cancellations, sickness or accident reports etc should be brought or sent to the surgery.
The report/forms will be given to the doctor for completion. There will be a charge for this work payable in advance. Insurance forms are reports compiled from your medical records for purposes such as life assurance, mortgages etc. These forms may appear to take some time to complete. Delays can occur if a doctor is on holiday or the Practice is experiencing a busy period.. Please be patient.